Do you want to find out how nature can help in protecting people from disasters and solving the climate crisis?
Then this free online course is for you!
Learn what young people and teachers, policy makers, practitioners, businesses and engineers can do to get involved in our race against the climate emergency.
- Target date: 13 October 2020 – International Disaster Risk Reduction Day
- Cost: Free of charge
- Location: Online course
This course is being developed with support from the European Union.
What will I get out of this course?
- Guidance on how to apply Nature-based Solutions in enhancing resilience to disasters and climate change, whether you are a youth leader, practitioner, policy maker, engineer or business owner.
- Gain knowledge about how human activities are interlinked with ecological systems and main tools and approaches for applying Nature-based Solutions to reducing disaster and climate risks.
- Learn how policy makers are including nature as a solution in policy processes for reducing disaster and climate risks. Also how policies support to up-scale nature-based solutions for disaster risk reduction.
- Learn how practitioners are applying nature-based solutions for reducing risks of natural hazards by investing in restoration and protection at different scales.
- Learn about green infrastructure and designing with nature as a viable complement to grey engineered protection infrastructures for reducing impacts of disaster events.
It all sounds great, where can I register?
In order to make it as widely accessible as possible, the course will be available free of charge on a number of different platforms, which will be announced shortly.
If you would like to receive MOOC updates, please pre-register below:
More information here